@umbertoslinn *Dressed in semi-business attire, Noloty shows up at the fort and provide the guard at the front gate the ID provided to her via her voicemail* Hell, my name is Noloty and I’m here for the interrogation. ID No. 335 Noloty
* The Gear leads to get a closer look at the badge and nods then disappears behind the gate to open it. As it slides open it reveal a squad of four Gears in black armour waiting on the other side with Lancers in hand. * Come with us. Do not deviate and do not touch anything. * The lead Gear said very sternly with remarkably little personality. *
* Two of the Onyx Guard walk in front of her and two walk behind. It takes some time just to reach the entrance to the building itself as they cross a former parking lot that is now a motor pool. Every Gear they walk past, of which there is a great many, stops and watches with great curiosity. The entrance to the reclaimed building has been reinforced with extremely heavy armoured doors that takes a while to swing open. Heading inside what was once a museum, every inch of space has been given a new purpose as hundreds of Gears busy themselves with moving ordinance. Eventually they reach a room that has surprisingly few people outside and is not particularly well lit. * Wait here. * One of the Onxy Guard says before knocking on the door three times loudly. *
*She quietly follows them and keeps looking forward not minding at all that the other gears were looking at her. She wondered if she eventually bump into the two gears she met at the bakery but also thought that they most likely were not there or possibly not be able to even say “hello”. She pretends to look around the building curiously but in fact she was scanning the building inside and out. She adjusts her sunglasses over her head as she is being told to wait in the front door and waits patiently without saying a single word*
* The door slides away and leads to a large office area that has been stripped out except for one chair in the centre of the room and a desk with chair at the far end. Inside several more Onyx Guard were lining the edge of the room. Behind the desk sat a man in noticeably more ornate armour, with dark black hair and a fine moustache. A large revolver sat on the desk in front of him along with a closed book the had no name to it’s deep blue cover. Stood at the side of the desk with his arms crossed was Garron Paduk.* So, you finally made it. * He said causally as the four escorting Gears lead her to the lone chair in the middle of the room then moved away to hoping the rest watching from the sides. *
*She observes every movement in total silence then enters the room to find two men sitting on the other side of the desk and to her disbelief that one face was all too familiar. She takes a seat, crosses her legs and puts her purse on top of the table. She just looks at him and gives him a smirk then looks over to the other male* Greetings! *she stated in a very calm and confident state of mind*
* The man behind the desk opened the book, showing that it was blank inside, pulled out a pen and began taking notes. * I am Colonel Walker, I will be conducting this investigation into destruction of government and military property, conspiracy and potentially the solicitation of an assassin. I will be taking a personal log of the events today and all findings. State your full name and title, race, age and affiliation. * He said whilst writing and only bothered to look at her as he waited for her response. The office door was quietly closed and guarded. *
*Upon listening to his request, she softly bit her lip to avoid her laughter and she looks around the room as she answers* My real name is Urd! Here in this planet I’m known as Noloty…Noloty Kagerou Maruchie. Title…I’m a businesswoman! I own a spa, bakery and a nightclub. Race…*she chuckles then nods her head* …well…if you’re a believer am a Trifecta! Age?? Ha! I lost count! and I’m affiliated to a wonderful clan…GrandSugarClan. *sighs* I’m sorry…what does all this have to do with your investigation?
* He writes everything down very calmly and doesn’t seem impressed in the slightest. * Every piece of information has its value in helping establish your character. * Paduk scoffs. * COG loves their red tape. * Walker clears his throat and begins the investigation proper. * So miss Urd, I trust you can recall the incident that we are investigating with some clarity. You are of course free to ask any and all questions you see fit throughout this process. Does all this sound reasonable so far?
*Ignoring Paduk’s comment completely, she focuses to continue on with the interrogation with the Colonel whom seem to be more professional, sort of speak. She gets herself a bit more comfortable on the chair and responds* All seems pretty fair, however…I still don’t understand why am I here? What exactly happened that I was invited to this investigation? You stated earlier destruction of government property *raises an eyebrow* By who?
I’m sure you remember the extreme conditions that facilitated our arrival. Wild and destructive weather patterns, monsters crawling out of everywhere a body could fit and huge energy spikes. Several probes, drones and notably artillery rounds were launched towards the epicentre of the chaos. Not a single one was able to reach its intended target. Is this starting to sound familiar to you now? I would hope so given that you have been proven responsible along with another individual. * A small robot decloaks and flips up a screen to show an image of her and Rika a top of a roof, destroying the rounds whilst airborne. *
You forgot to mention earthquakes, tsunamis, volcano eruption and a whole wide range of natural disaster Mother Nature is very capable of providing. Yes! I do recall those days! *She crosses her legs and places her sunglasses over the desk then sees the image of both her and Rika* So it was you who were launching the missiles towards the epicenter? Aside from the mortars possibly launched from this fellow sitting next to you! *she was clearly referring to Paduk* Strange…*she then looks to Paduk*…weren’t you and other Gears by the names of Cole and Baird were warned or suggested to not launch those weapons towards the source of this chaos? I believe you were informed that launching those missiles would not destroy the source but adding more fuel to it; hence the reason why we were there *she points at the image* We needed to stop those weapons reaching the source and we had all legal authority to do so as well. If those missiles were allowed to hit the source, we wouldn’t be having this conversation now.
* Paduk almost smirked. * Baird and Cole, maybe, but I had been away for weeks before then. Besides, I don’t take orders from you. * He said referring to anyone outside the COG. * Miss Urd, the Coalition of Ordered Governments, is, the legal authority. The only time destruction of our property has ever been understandable has been in times of conflict. You are of course welcome to make a formal declaration of war should you wish, though it will not excuse these actions. * Paduk spoke up again but now with a slight hint of anger. * If those had been Light Mass Missiles you destroyed, you wouldn’t be here to have this conversation either.* He relaxes and shrugged. * But you would have taken a city or two with you.
The Coalition of Ordered Governments may the the legal authority from the planet you came from but NOT here! *she emphasized the word “not” making it clear that he understands the difference then looks to the Colonel* You have authority over your soldiers, but not on Planet Skyrie! May I remind you that you all came from whatever planet you’re from to give us, the citizens of Skyrie, a helping hand during those chaotic times, and honestly, we deeply appreciate and will be forever in your debt. But if the issue here is destruction of military property, then name your price. I will gladly pay.
Ha. You think COG cares? * Walker held up a hand to signal for Paduk to quiet himself. * Likewise you do not have the authority to destroy military property, yet here we are. * Walker quietly gave the briefest of chuckles. * You couldn’t possibly afford it. But cost is not the issue here, it is intent. Private Paduk here I believe confronted you and your associate at the time over this matter? Perhaps you would like to share your views on this and explain the assailant that was left for him to deal with?
You know nothing about my finances so I kindly request that you don’t make assumptions unless you have documented proof that I’m poor as a rat! *sighs then clears her throat* I’m thirsty! May I have a bottle of water, please? *adjust her sitting position again then sighs* My associate and I were on a mission to stop any threats heading towards the source. We couldn’t allow any weapons striking that area since it was not destroying it. The outcome would have been disastrous if anything reached the epicenter. *she points at Paduk* He was in the way and we tried to talk to him but he’s not the friendly type. We couldn’t waste any more time so I had him busy with another citizen of Skyrie. He had a mission…so did my associate and I. *looks at her watch* I’m sorry, how long is this interrogation is going to take? I have other business to attend to.
So you are saying you can afford to manufacture materials that aren’t found naturally in this world, hire and pay the wages of the smartest minds about since we didn’t feel it wise to bring them here, pay for the construction of a manufacturing complex then finance it and give it a work force of paid employees. That’s before any work begins. You see my point now? We are a government at war for our very survival as a species and can ill afford such losses without result. * He looks over at Paduk who rolls his eyes and hands her his water bottle. * It’s not poison, but it’s not alcohol either. * You seem to know an awful lot about the cause of the chaos, would you care to share that information with us? It’s suspicious to say the very least that you know so much about it and yet did nothing to stop it, neutralise it or contain it. * Walker commented before Paduk interjected. * Tried to talk? You made couple of dismissive remarks then left me to be dealt with. Lucky no one here knows how to fight. * Walker raised his hand again to quiet the former Major. * So you, your soldier and assassin had missions of your own. I trust they were as much of a success as Paduk’s. His diversion was most useful after all. * Walker frowned slightly and spoke more distinctly. * This, investigation, will take as long as is required.
*Lets go of an annoying sigh then raises an eyebrow when Paduk offers her his water bottle* I’ll wait till I leave, thank you! *looks to the Colonel and continues her conversation with hin* Let me put this clear, Rika is no assassin! She’s military police so in other words, she had the authority to kill whatever threat comes her way or the way of the citizens of Skyrie! *opens her purse in front of them and takes out a business card* Be glad that I came here willingly to cooperate into this investigation of yours. You cannot held me here if you have no proof against me. It’s his word against mine! *slides the card close to Walker’s tablet* If it weren’t successful, Planet Skyrie wouldn’t kept thriving as it is now. Yes we lost lives, but after the disaster we rebuild and kept moving forward. Bodies were buried, years were shed but we all got another chance at life. *leans back to her chair* I’ve given you all that I know but somehow I feel like you want to forcefully make an enemy out of me. If that’s the case, you’re making a grave mistake. I’m not the enemy here.
See, not thirsty. * Paduk scoffed putting away the water bottle. * Continuing to take notes Walker clarified. * Rika, you say. She is who I referred to when I said soldier, the assassin was reserved for whoever you sent after Paduk. * Walker opened a draw on his desk and started rummaging. * She has no authority over us, I promise that. So what would have happened if we had sent personnel to deal with the situation? Would you deem us a threat? Would my Gears be murdered? * He pulled out from the draw a large hand full of COG tags and dropped them on the desk. Fifteen in total. * These fifteen threats cleared your streets. * He drops more tags on the desk. * These right threats cleared out a new hospital for you. * He then pulls the draw out calmly and tips it upside down, covering the desk. * These threats went building to building saving civilians. Now then, what would your citizens think of you if you added to this pile? We think long and hard about every action taken. * Walker puts the draw back. * His word against yours? I feel I must correct you. It’s his word, our surveillance recordings and your voice recording against you. I hope that constitutes enough proof for you. * He leaned forward and looked her in the eye. * I have two more questions for you today. I want these answered truthfully and in detail. The first is, what caused all the destruction? Or perhaps it’s a matter of Who, caused it?
*She was beginning to see that this interrogation was going nowhere and as they were speaking, she thought about what her brother Michael had told her “Was Father right all along? Is this some sort of trap to keep her prisoner?” She worried about Rika and just by the way these men were behaving she was convinced that they will do anything to find someone to blame. She thought about what her beloved cousin had said “humans don’t understand our way of life” Yet so much thoughts was running through her head all the while she hears a echo of a male speaking to her. Clearly it was the Colonel but she felt that this is something she needed to tell the family and citizens of Skyrie. She was perceiving these Gears as threats and it was making her feel uneasy. Suddenly there was a silent pause and looks right back at the Colonel but instead of responding to his questions she stood up from her chair and gave her own final reply* I don’t respond to you! I respond to a much higher authority! This is going nowhere and I have no intentions in answering any more of your questions! *the room suddenly brightens up as if the sun had entered the room; the light was incredibly bright but not harmful then a portal opens from above the ceiling and Michael can be seen from the other side. She looks to the men and smile* Bye!! *she stated sarcastically and waves at them with a big smile on her face and disappears right before their eyes. Once gone, the room was back to normal*
Pathetic. I told you she’s a coward. * Paduk grunted to Walker. * Powerful is the word I would choose private. Powerful and hostile. We shall have to be cautious in future. You three. * He pointed at some of the Onyx Guard in the room. * Reinforce the defenses and secure the perimeter. * Paduk began to leave the room. * This was a waste of time. You didn’t even ask about the bunker we found. * Walker calmly began to reorganise his desk and clean up. * I’m sure that’s not the last we’ve seen of miss Urd.